Monday, November 9, 2009

Go Kart @ Sunway Extreme Park, Ipoh

Last Saturday, I had invited some of the guys to have some fun at the new Go Kart track at Sunway Extreme Park in Ipoh. I went to the track last week to get the first experience of go-karting with Sifu Chung and Malat but it was raining that day. So, I managed to get a sneak preview of the car. Quite new and nice. So I decided to ask everyone to have fun there. :)

When reached the track, there was dark cloud in the sky. Doesn't look good but the track was very dry due to it was very hot in the evening. Nice timing, I was telling myself. I just wish they would come early a bit so that I can have my first ever go-kart experience. Hehe.. :P

After waiting for some time, the sky had turn dark. I was like 'argh..can't play again?' :(

But, there is always hope. Koh arrived just in time. I told Koh to get his helmet and we should go without waiting. Later if Vincent arrived, and IF the weather is nice, then we can ride again. ;)

So, we went in the track and WOT our heart out. Haha. I was like oversteering all the time. And Koh was just too fast. Hehe. I was lucky that he didn't hit me when I oversteered. He was a great driver. Hehe..respect . :)

After 3 laps, the rain started to pour. Well, the last 3 laps would be 'drifting' go-kart experience. Haha. At least I know what was oversteered and drifting was about. Haha.. :P

Anyway, I had so much fun that day. I'm sure there will be a 2nd visit to this track. Hehe ;)

Vincent came after the rain started, so we just 'talk cock' at the pit stop. He said he will play on Sunday. Hehe. Private practise. Haha...:)

Well, below are some shots of the car and track. Thanks to Princess Bumblebee for being a photographer that day. Hehe.. ;)

Nice seat and handling..


Front view..


Small but fast..


Lots of cars waiting to be occupied..:)


Koh finished 1st..bravo..hehe..


Ready for action..


My 1st go-karting..

11 comments:

Koh said...

It was a fun ride that day... we should go again...
FYI Vince had done 9 full laps of training... he is very fast already...

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Yeah..next round ask Vincent to set the date and time..hehe..

Vince said...

Aiyo... dun play me la.....
Fat guy can never have advantage at go kart......
So let see when we can go again.... More ppl want to join liow :P

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Great..more people, more fun. You be the main organizer. Hahaha..

kev said...

sounds like fun, i havent go karted in years, if u guys are going to go-kart, let me know, hopefully can join

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Yeah..sure. Will update you once we have a date fixed. :)

Anonymous said...

hey where did u find the go-kart.....i cannot find it...i've just herd rummors

jimmy-aka-podz said...

If you can find The Lost World of Tambun, you can see Giant Supermarket. After the traffic light, you can see Petronas petrol station. Just before Petronas, you turn left and you can see a badminton court and a futsal arena. Just move towards the inside area. It is beside the golf course. If you still need help, drop me an email. I will bring you there..

Anonymous said...

how much did u pay?
i wanna know

Anonymous said...

how much did u pay?
i wanna know

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Hi bunny,
At that time, it was RM30 for 6 rounds. It's been awhile since we frequent that place, so, not very sure if it is still open for karting. Hehe. :)