Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Auto - Manual Conversion - Part 1

Well, after keeping quiet for awhile, it's time for new updates. Before this, I bought a B18cR 4.4fd LSD gearbox. After polished and serviced it, everything was kept away. Now, all the necessary parts had arrived and the show had begins. The conversion from auto to manual had started. :P

It takes a lot of patience and hardwork to get evrything nicely done. I gave this task to Mr. C. Hehe. ;)

Currently had started to take out the auto gearbox. Auto gearbox out, but manual not yet in. Why? Coz everything had to be cleaned before going in. Engine block, body firewall, steering rack area and lots more. I took this chance to get the whole engine bay cleaned up. Hehe. :)

For the clutch pad, due to budget constrain, I chose Honda original clutch pad. Mr C called it 'tiger skin'. From the clutch pad appearane, it does look like tiger skin (yellow with black stripes). :P

Auto gearbox is out...


Before...


After...


Can you notice the difference between before and after. Look closely, the engine block was cleaned. Lots of thick oil accumulated at that area. Mr C will have a check later. :)

Then I notice that there was minor leaking at the oil pan area. I think it's time to change the gasket of the oil pan. More $$$ needed. I'm way out of budget. :(
Anyone would like to sponsor me? Haha ;P

Well..more updates in a few more days...

2 comments:

Koh said...

wow... looks new after cleaning....
big operation and big $$$ spend....
hope you can get your ride soon....

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Yeah..now looks better after cleaning done. Hehe. I can't wait to get my ride back. Then we can go touge again. Hahaha.