Monday, March 2, 2009

GAB SS Series Adjustable

On Saturday, the suspension system of my car had been upgraded. GAB SS Series Adjustable for my ride. :P

Below are the process. :)

Front installation in progress


After installation.




Rear installation


Done





The whole process took about 2 and a half hours. All the neccessary measurement had been done by the 'expert'. Hehe...:)

The height of the car was reduced by 1 and a half inches. This will gives a lower graviti point for the whole car. Which is good. :P Now have to be extra careful and slower when sees bump or holes. :(

After done the installation, it's time for the result and adjustment. The cornering 'feel' was great. Not much body roll when you take a fast corner. This means I can have a better confidence for every corner that I take in fast speed...I guess. :P

I can say that it is not too hard when goes into bumps. Considerably comfortable.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with these set of suspension. Very good for street use but not for track use (expert says so). :P

17 comments:

Vince said...

Ya Bro, this is the way to go....Sweet piece of mechanical.
No track but very good for touge.
What is next? Rear Anti Roll Bar?

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Still not good yet for touge coz no nice tyre yet. Can you find me a sponsor ah? Hahaha...:)

Next, will be looking for a nice piece of rear anti roll bar. If got budget, maybe will think of UltraRacing bars. Hehehe...

Anonymous said...

Real men use silverstones, performance tyres are for cc's.
It the skill man!! Not the car.

jimmy-aka-podz said...

You should tell this to F1 drivers. Haha. BTW, how you know that I'm not using silverstones tyres? FYI, I'm changing performance suspension, not performance tyres.

Anonymous said...

I know your not using Silverstones.
The thread pattern of you tyres form your 1st picture says so.

New performance suspension hey. So when u wanna touge?

jimmy-aka-podz said...

And I'm not yet using any performance tyre. :)

Maybe we can go together someday. But 1st, why not introduce yourself 1st? hehe..:)

Vince said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vince said...

So Mr 1.8 Single CAM,
When you want to go touge? We can see MR Podz in action. I proposed 25 April 2009? Go get the jagung as well.
Are we ON? I can call my friend to get the jagung ready. :P

jimmy-aka-podz said...

ya..good idea..let's go..but i need someone to sponsor me AD07..hahaha

Vince said...

Our friend Mr. 1.8SC say can not go wor.... he say Saturday and Sunday family day.... Lets see if he hangs out at Chung's place?... Ha ha ha.... damn.

jimmy-aka-podz said...

It's ok..why not you go stalk him. Hahaha. But I believe he is with his family la. He is a family man. Hehehe..

ShuN said...

So how do you find the ride quality? comfortable or bumpy?
Mind to share your dampening adjustments? It has got 30 over steps right? If not mistaken, lol

jimmy-aka-podz said...

It's consider comfortable compare to others. Not as good as Tein. :)

It got 32 steps. Now I'm using 18 steps hard for the front and 16 steps hard for rear. This setting's for daily drive.

When go for touge or track, I set it to the hardest. ;) But still soft compare to Tein. :)

ShuN said...

Can you really feel the difference by turning each step? Did you choose the spring rates for the GAB? Spring rates decide the stiffness more than the absorber itself =)

Actually not every Tein is good, the Tein Superstreet is too soft. Tein is only good up to Monoflex range and that cost a hand or a leg lol

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Yes..you can feel the stiffness when you set it to softest and hardest. I forgot about the spring rate..need to check back if want to know. :P

hilmy said...

bro..how much it cost u?

jimmy-aka-podz said...

It cost about RM2.5K if I remember correctly. But my friend bought 1 set for his EG for less than RM2K. The price had dropped a little bit now. Get the price from the shop. :)