Saturday, January 9, 2010

EK4 Door Visor - DIY install

I had always like a door visor at any cars. It just make the car look so good. Besides that, it is useful when you need to wind down a little bit of your door window especially during raining time. Door visor will prevent the rain from pouring in. But of course not during heavy down pour. :P

I had surveyed the price for this EK4 door visor set for a few months. Almost everywhere was selling at a very high price. At last, I got a set from Sasuke. He is a Honda used parts dealer at KL. Very nice and responsible seller. The price that he gave me was a really nice price. So, I just grab this set of EK4 door visor.

Princess Bumblebee got to know about this and she insisted to pay for this set as my Christmas and New Years present. Thanks a lot Princess Bumblebee!!! :)

After a couple of weeks, finally I have some spare time to install the door visor. I tried to DIY the installion since it was just plug and play. ;)

Check all the clips. Should do this before buy the set. :P. Found that 1 of the clip was missing. So, I just DIY a similar clip for it.

The DIY clip look smaller..hehe..but it fits well...


Use some extra strong bond adhesive to hold the clip...


Make sure all the clips are in good shape. Reshape it if necessary...


Pull out the rubber at the door frame


Place the visor to the door frame. You need to figure out a way to slot the clip in...


After the position of the visor was correct, all the clips should be able to clip in place. You will need a small flat head screw to add extra security to the visor. After tighten the screw, you can start to push back the door rubber back to the door frame. It was not an easy job. But once you get the technique, it would be fast. Hehe.. :P

After done installing...3 pieces more to go...



Repeat the same steps for the front visor. You will need 2 small flat head screws for the front visor. It would tightly secure your visor when you hit the highway. Hehe.. ;)

Front and back, right side done...


Nicely aligned...


Repeat the same steps with the left side of your car. By this time, you should be able to get all done with no sweat. Hehe.. :)
Done all 4 pieces.. hoooraay...


It took me 4 hours to get everything done. But it's worth it as now I will know that it is not an easy job to assemble things back. When disassemble it, no sweat. But it is hard when assembling it back. :)

5 comments:

Vince said...

Fuh.... JDM

Dun play play.... mine is ciplak one :P

Abbie said...

You are most welcome..:) "Ng Sai Gam Hak Hei"..I am not insisting..Just have no idea what to buy as your Christmas present..:)

Some more, I always be your passenger..It is considered good for me also during raining time when I want to wind down the window a bit..Hehe!!

~Princess BumbleBee~

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Hi Vince,
JDM nia..nothing special. :)
Actually I just want a more secure feel (got clips and screws) when hit on the highway. I lost 1pc of door visor when I'm driving my Iswara LMSS last time. Hehe.

Hi Abbie,
Not 'hak hei', but really thanks. Hehe. Of coz I won't let you get wet. Hehe...

Koh said...

nice nice... but my car dont hv visor yet....

jimmy-aka-podz said...

Thanks. Are you sure for your car don't have yet? Not even JDM? Or get the local made lo. Hehe..