Saturday, January 31, 2009

1st Day of CNY

This year I woke up late on the 1st day of Chinese New Year compare to the previous year. Maybe it was because this year, there was no fire crackers and lion dance troop sounds. It was kind a silent this year. Not the same as 15 years ago. I really missed all the fun and noise of Chinese New Year.

What remained the same was, I'm the 1st person to wake up in the morning. He..he. :P

After all the preparations, and waiting for my siblings and father to get done, I started the car to got it warm up before we all started to head to my grandparents house to pay an early visits. It was a traditional customs where family members pay their respect and visits to the older family members. Upon meet up, we will wish them all the good things.

Then, we will get 'Ang pow' (red packet). Yay.....:)


This is the scenario when my brothers came home...house jam up with cars. :P




Normally after visits at grandparents house, I would follow my father to go to the temple for prayers. Pay my respect to God. But this year, my aunt wanted to go to a temple at Chemor. I decided to follow her. If I'm not wrong, it was call Sin Hock Yuen. I'm not sure about the name of the temple. I only knows how to go there. If you want to go, just give me a call and I'll be your guide. :P

When we reached the temple, we saw a lot of well wisher in it. I really amazed when I steps in this temple. It was so big. With a few buildings around a pond or should I said a lake as the size was bigger than a pond, but slightly smaller than a lake. It was beautiful. Then we headed to the main building where we offered our prayers. Again, I was surprised as I heard a guy (spoke with a microphone) giving direction to a group of people. Then only I realized that we will be guided through out the whole praying process. It was good thing as we will be offering our prayers without mistakes. :P

We follow a group and started the prayers. Then, we were asked to purchase some joss stick and waited facing the lake. There's a bridge linking from 1 side to the other side. I thought we would be walking on this bride. But I had a wrong guess. :P
We walked by the side of the lake. Then we reached the 1st destination and we offered our prayers. 1 thing I noticed was, the guy actually explained some history of the god when he guided us through the prayers. That's a good thing because we could learned some history and got to know better.

After that, we just follow all the way of the side of the lake. There were a lot stops to offer prayers. At last, we were to head back to the starting point. This time we got to walk on the bridge. Yay...:)

Then, we had some drinks and a bun and headed back home. It was an interesting experience. I think I'll make my way to the temple again as there's lot more things to see. I didn't got the chance to snap pic. ;)

The starting point - beautiful buildings with back surrounding.






Koi fish in the lake.


*All pic took by Sony Ericsson K800i







No comments: