Monday, December 8, 2008

Toyota Vios - Makeup car..

Here start the story of a makeup car. Before I found the car that I want to, I had surveyed around and on the internet for the best look (bodykits) for it. And I found it. It was stunning and I like that a lot. Oops..forgotten to tell you guys that I want to get a Toyota Vios.




This is the model which I will follow. Hehe..saw this pic on 1 of the famous car mod website.




















After I get the Vios, the first thing that I changed was the rims. I get a set of 16 inch, 11 spokes rims to replace the stock 15 inch rims.




Rims replacement on the way...


















Next, I go around town to get the bodykits that I want. Found it at last, and I requested that no holes for my car when putting all the bodykits.




At the workshop...





















Start changing...





















After done...without paint and grille..








































After all mounted up on the car, now it is time to get it painted. Found a guy to do this job with the minimum pay. Really cheap if compare to outside as he is my friend's friend. Haha..:P




Before paint...ugly!!!





















After paint...nice!!!











































Next thing is to remove the catalytic. This will gives my ride a better performance. I had consulted my friend who is keen into car performance. He is an enthusiast in motoring sports. :)



I replaced the middle exhaust (with catalytic) and muffler to a one set middle exhaust custom designed for Vios (without catalytic) and a 'S' flow muffler. No picture snapped that time. :(



After done, the pick up and overall performance was better. Very satisfying indeed. But missed out 1 thing. Open pod air filter. But I'm not too into open pod, so, the alternative would be drop in air filter. I chose the famous brand and I'm very satisfied with the results.



Stabilizer bar can not be left out. This time I chose to use a 4 point stabilizer bar for better handling. With some touch up on the outlook, then all done. But something was missing. Oh..the smoked head lamp. Surveyed on the Internet, not cheap dude. Then I search for DIY instead. Aha..there's and can be DIYed. Good...



It is a very simple process. You just need to heat up the glue that joints the front transparent case and the back case. Then, covered up all the place that you don't want to 'smoke'. I used flat black color to get a better result. Then, use silicone glue to glued the transparent cover and back case back together. Yeah..it is very exhausting indeed. But very satisfying after you saw your effort and the effect.





All open up and covered, waiting to be 'smoke'...



















End results..

























And the final appearance would be as below..

No comments: