Friday, December 26, 2008

SO4 / EK4 Auto Flip Side Mirror

Since long time ago, I wished that my ride can be fitted with auto flip side mirror. But sadly, the previous 2 rides that I owned can not use it. This time, my ride can installed these side mirrors.

Few days ago, I went to chop shop and look for the side mirrors. I found a pair which look nice. It comes with relay and switch (full set). After made the payment, I took the mirrors back and when I tested it, the right side not functioning. *sigh* Yeah, I know..I should had tested it at the shop. :P

So, I went back to the shop and requested for a replacement. The shop agreed to change it for me. The next day, I received the replacement. I was surprised that the color did not match with the left side. But, I thought, it's ok..I'll paint the car sooner or later. then, the 2nd surprise happened. I noticed that it is not the same car model. The left side is SO4 and the right side is SO3. The length and the curvy area were not the same also. But anyway, I tested it again. OMG..the same thing happened again. It is not working..again. So, I went back to made another replacement.

This time, I told the shop that they gave the wrong model to me. But they insisted that it was the same. How can it be the same? 1 long and 1 short. He said that it can be installedto the car. I told them that I knew that it can be installed, but do they give me warranty that water won't go in? They kept quiet for a while. Then I continued and ask if they buy a pair of ear phone, would they accept if it is not the same size? They were dumbfounded. At last, the boss said she'll replace it. Thank god.

After a few hours, finally, I received the side mirrors. Although it was not the same color, but it's ok. I can accept that. This time, all working fine. What a day. So, next if you guys wants to buy something, make sure you test at the shop. Check everything and make sure it is ok before you leave. This can save a lot of your time and petrol. :P





Full set

No comments: